Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pre-wedding: Khatam Al-Qur'an Ceremony


Basically Majlis Khatam Al-Qur'an is a ceremony practiced among the Muslims, held as a symbol of purity and intended to portray that the future bride used to finish a complete reading of the Qur'an before entering into a marriage life. After reciting some of the Surahs in the Qur'an during the ceremony, the du'a (prayer) for the completion of reading the Qur'an and for the marriage ceremony to go smoothly will be read as well. The ceremony will be surrounded by the women and the future bride and groom's family.

My Khatam Al-Qur'an ceremony was held few days before the solemnization. It was attended by a group of 'berzanji' ladies invited by my family as well as some of my relatives and girlfriends.
.
.
.
.
The outfit for the day (credit to my friend Cheda for the photo)

Bunga Rampai


My two 'pengapit' during the ceremony

My parents made me practiced the Surahs in the Qur'an few times with microphone before the actual day.
.
.
.
.
The day itself.
Still felt nervous of course! Lol




Photo session with the group of 'berzanji' ladies after the event.

Heyy men should have their own Khatam Qur'an Ceremony as well before the wedding, you lucky people!!

No comments: