Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pre-wedding Review: Berinai (The Henna Ceremony)


I always wanted a decent Malay traditional way of henna'ing the fingers surrounded by my beloved family members and also my girlfriends. It was a fun yet memorable event to end my last few days as a single.
My Berinai (The Henna Ceremony) was held a week before the solemnization ceremony. 
.
.
.
.
Here you go. The awesome-est girlfriends with sweet cotton 'baju kurung' on them.

Getting ready for the 'wanita melayu terakhir pose' ;p







I insisted on wearing the original 'inai daun' (henna leaves) since I was told that the one in the tube usually will not last very long and I really love the original reddish orangey colour from henna leaves. Honestly speaking I was very afraid to use the one in the tube because some of it will make your fingers look dark near to black and my future husband might think that I did not wash my fingers for years on the wedding day! Like hello, it could be a nightmare!

I was very lucky to have Che' (my grandmother) to entertain this fussy granddaughter of hers. (I love you big time Che'!)

She was the one who searched high and low for the henna leaves and gave me all the important tips on how to make it turn up nicely.
.
.
.
The smashed henna leaves in 'batu lesung'

It was extremely fun evening until i almost forgot that I had to sleep with this henna-intact (Trust me it wasn't easy man..)








Keeping it clean and simple like that. I never wanted flowers or whatsoever designs drawing on my hands, palms or feet. I always feel scared to look at it on the skin and I seriously don't know why. Glad that Saiful didn't favour it as well.
Hehe.

No comments: