Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wedding Review: From Miss to Mrs, The Solemnization

This is the wedding review of my solemnization ceremony, the day i signed my life away to the one whom my soul loves. Well, I still remember clearly before the wedding day my grandmother reminded me not to meet the future husband since, according to the wise old saying by the previous 'nenek moyang'..
.
.
Che': Sarah..kalau selalu jumpa sebelum hari nak dekat kahwin nanti tak naik lah seri pengantin.

She said if we always meet each other nearing our big day then the bride and groom will lose the wedding day glow. Okay that sounded scary obviously. How can I not be. I straight away called Saiful and made him not to meet me for a week. Poor guy.
.
.
But...the fact that our office is just few blocks away from each other,  he actually waited for me with his cheeky morning smile at the mamak shop with his teh tarik on the following day (and almost every morning before the big day actually) to see me pass by in the car and gave that 'hellooo' wave at me. 
-____- Of course I pretended not to see that. Hahaha ;p
.
.
.
In the blink of an eye
A week has passed 
and here comes the big day. 
It was held at my residence in the beautiful month of November.


Ribbons, crystals and flowers dangling on the ceiling of the akad nikah place, just as how I imagined. The beautiful decorations was done by Persada Embun.

And the hantaran (gifts) was decorated by the great guy Pak Abu

The hantaran from groom's side was done by Flora Etc




Here comes the most important part of the wedding day.

The solemnization dress.
.
.
.
 It was designed by beloved mom and drawn, tailored by my favourite Altelia Amani. I have to confess that the reason my mom and I chose them was because they made very feminine design dresses based on client's specific requirements. The most importantly, they were very humble and willing to tailor the dress exactly how you want it to be and not based on how they want it to look like.

I wanted to add dangling clear crystals, pearls, intricate beadings and little diamonds on the off-white Elie Saab lace as well as laces in between the flowy skirt for a delicate look of my solemnization dress. Alhamdulillah it turned out beautifully and I absolutely love it.


Dolled up by Dinie Awaluddin.
She's amazingg!


..and yes, i wanted a deep red roses for my hand bouquet.
.
.
To match it up with my lipstick of course! He he

My man, before the Akad Nikah ceremony (solemnization)

Lawfully and blissfully wedded!
Alhamdulillah. 

From Miss to Mrs moment.


Cake cutting ceremony after the solemnization and makan beradab (wedding dinner after the ceremony)

Cake done by Blooming.
Trust me they make exquisite custom cake and the taste was absolutely fresh and delicious..
Mine was butter.
It was soooo yummy.

The girlfriends



Halaal! ;)

Photographers:
Azam Rasid & team for Mojoreel Cinematography
Nadia Zahari Photography & Shafiq Khairy from Artmosphere Photography
.
.
.
.
.
Will post up The Solemnization Ceremony video montage on my next entry ;)

No comments: